WWW Blogs 2025 Retrospective

Hey Guys! J Taquito, Additional Basil 934, and some other names I go by  here! It’s been roughly 1 year since I first posted “The Old Video Game Cartoon Battle Royale”, making this Blog series a year old! It’s crazy this series has come this far in such a short amount of time. A lot has happened, so let’s look back at the year of 2025, before I even had a unique template!


Let’s start with why I made these Blogs!


ORIGIN STORY

So it started when I was in your typical powerscaling servers as you’d probably expect one like myself to be in where I posted random MU’s I either created or thought were neat like Captain America vs Spy Smasher, Manga Kirby vs SHS Galactus, Yor vs The Bride, Minecraft Enemy Battle Royale, etc. However, one fateful day I posted an MU that changed the course of my involvement in the vs community FOREVER! I found an old TN I made for practice in a google slideshow right here!


The Old Video Game Cartoon Battle Royale!


It was a cool idea that I liked so I posted the MU and it went normally as it usually does, a couple people shared their thoughts. Saying Supershow Mario stomps (lmao), asking which version of Sonic it is, debating Mario vs Sonic, quoting AOSTH, saying how cool X was in the Mega Man Cartoon, etc. However, I made the joke that Pac-Man might be packing something crazy but no one knew since the cartoon isn’t talked about too much. Everyone in the chat started making jokes about Pac-Man having some crazy Low Multi feat deep down in the cartoon because nobody watched it.


I joked that people would watch the show and find out he’s only wall level. Despite those statements being jokes, I couldn’t stop thinking about them! What if he was Low Multi? It’s Hanna Barberra, they usually have some bs! Could he get at least 3rd? Is he a Wall level bum!? These questions kept nagging me in the head, that’s when my other new obsession kicked in… VS BLOGS!


I happened to be hyper obsessed with Vs Blogs for at least 3 months at that point (likely way longer), reading from talented teams such as Hallownest Blogs, Death By Blog, Fiction Fight Vs Blogs, DBE Blogs, Blogs of Apocalypse, and so many more. To me, Vs Blogs are the best way to convey research on a character in a stylized, simple, and efficient format. So I came up with the idea to make a research Blog for Pac-Man exclusively using the Hanna Barberra continuity! Of course my ambitions didn’t end there, but be patient with the story ; )


I looked up several places to watch the cartoon, seeing its low episode count compared to other big cartoons that had hundreds, that is why you probably saw some Facebook links. Luckily, I managed to find an Internet Archive (shoutouts to them, I wouldn’t have gotten as far here without them [even if the links are gone now ):]) of all the episodes that I binged watched to make the Blog.


After completing the research, I revealed that I watched all of the episodes and after sharing the Stats and most notable hax, I got asked if I was going to do a Fight Script! Now I loved making Fight Scripts, but I never watched the Ruby Spears Mega Man Cartoon so I felt like I couldn’t do the Fight Script justice if I didn’t know much about one of the characters. So I decided to watch the Mega Man Cartoon to fix this issue and I realized that I might as well rewatch the other two to see who’d “truly” win! And that’s why the Blog happened.


Now let me share my experience of creating a Vs Blog for the first time!

For a bit more of an explanation, learning a Blog can be a bit tricky. Before I started, I looked around to see what people’s problems with some of the poorer Blogs had and tried to avoid them (Having feats go from strongest to weakest, Poor Organization, No Background on the characters, etc.) I also had to learn some of the difficulties of Google Docs and Blogger. I always create a rough draft of the Blog on Google Docs first since that’s the writing site I have been using since I was 6, but Blogger was a learning experience. While Blogger has overall the better Blog reading experience on PC in my opinion, it is notably slower to copy and paste images and words to. It takes roughly 5 seconds for it to load any type of change, so that’s annoying. Also anytime I had an internet problem, I wanted to jump off a bridge. Luckily, I eventually figured it out fully… although it took until late 2026 before the bolding issue was fixed… I’m not smart with tech.


OLD VIDEO GAME CARTOON BR (OR WHAT’S LEFT TO TALK ABOUT)

After I finished the research and came to the conclusion that I did in the Blog, I wrote the fight script! Looking back it is way too long, perhaps starting off with a Battle Royale was maybe a bit of a bold idea. Otherwise I think it held up.


As for the reception, a lot of people liked it, surprised at how low Mario was, and unsurprised that Sonic won. It wasn’t given a crazy amount of attention, but I did just spawn in r/DBM by announcing this and posting this so that’s expected. Although this was my most viewed Blog for the longest time, I do get that since this is probably a hook worthy Blog title and it is my first… although I would wish some of my later Blogs could match this one since peaking with your first for the longest time is a bit weird lol.


Also I made a better thumbnail than the one with the crappy adobe stock nintendo background and a proper Mario render.


As for the overall experience of making the Blog, it was really fun! It maybe might’ve been a bit ambitious for a first Blog since a Battle Royale is a lot more work than a simple 1v1, but I think it paid off and started this series off very strongly. As far as I can tell, this Blog is a favorite of many people and I can’t blame them. It's a fun idea and I think it's a fun Blog. Of course there are SEVERAL issues it had, but a majority of them I did fix post edit (especially after CapedJedi linked this Blog for the Darkwing vs Gadget Blog, had to lock in since several people were viewing it now) and I can’t blame myself for too many of them as this was my first Blog and I did start with a more complicated idea then most people probably would’ve. The only real issues I have with the Blog that I don’t think “first Blog” bias gets rid off is I disagree with where I put AOSTH Sonic strength (he should just be Solar System lol) and I didn’t have the best formatting (it gets hard to read at times in my opinion), but otherwise I think it held up fine enough.


Anyways, now that the origin story is finished along with the segment on the first Blog, let's get through the other 3 Blogs that came out in 2025.


RED BALL VS IQ BALL

This is definitely a very weird Blog to follow up with and is a lot more niche. The reason this exists is that while I was researching the Old Video Game Battle Royale I was playing some old Internet Games while watching the cartoons and I noticed an interesting feat from Red Ball…

This one feat made me laugh so hard, realizing that Red Ball is unironically a Planet Buster. I didn’t know if I would do another Blog, but I ultimately decided to go “screw it” and make this a series, after all I needed to show the world this guy would kick Homelander’s ass lol. As for the MU I chose, I thought of doing this…

Credit: Rocky Eats Clips


This started production, but I realized not only would it be draining to do two Battle Royale’s in a row, but this MU was like 2 MU’s thrown together as Snail Bob vs Wheely and Red Ball vs IQ Ball worked well together on their own and could be separate Blogs. So I ultimately chose Red Ball vs IQ Ball since that was the origin of why I was doing this and speed ran the research after I finished the Old Video Game Cartoon BR since it didn’t take too long.


As for the Blog itself, it had its problems. I didn’t address every argument and I should’ve tried to justify the verdict harder or make a Q&A. This is my least popular Blog which makes sense due to how niche the idea is, but I didn’t expect this to be the most controversial. In fairness, it wasn’t THAT controversial, although I saw multiple people disagree with it and make posts about it with “Blogs with incorrect verdicts” immediately after. You’d think I’d be mad, but honestly the idea that the only Blog of mine to ever get some level of pushback is Red Ball vs IQ Ball of all things makes me laugh lol. Do I disagree with it, idk, it depends if you buy Star Level Red Ball or think Fluffy’s Moon feat is an outlier, both of which are fair opinions (even if I still agree with the Blog). It is probably my least favorite of the Blogs I made because of how bare bones it was and some issues with the verdict, but it's not a Blog I dislike so my least favorite being something I can still look back with some positivity is a good thing, I’m aware not all Blog creators are that lucky. All that matters though is the person who made the idea of Red Ball vs IQ Ball liked it so that’s a win in my book. Maybe someday I’ll do Snail Bob vs Wheely to finish the Duology.


LITTLE MAC VS NES JASON

Another niche on the spot pick, 100% not the Little Mac idea everyone was thinking of. While I was in the middle of researching Shere Khan vs Scar, October approached and I realized I had the perfect opportunity to do a Halloween Blog. Halloween has such a perfect atmosphere and unique tone so I wanted to do a Blog on it on Halloween. The problem though was that I needed to find a Halloween idea that I could do fast since it was approaching October 10th, meaning I had less than 25 days to do the Blog. I tried to find Halloween coded characters I could do fast and then I scrolled onto this idea…


Credit: Dark-Carioca


This was a fun idea, not to mention covering Jason with NES content only would be pretty easy so I decided to greenlight the Blog. However, there was barely anything to talk about with Mike Tyson in this game and seeing his real life controversies made me realize maybe using him wasn’t the best idea. Not wanting to scrap the idea, I had the idea to switch out Mike with Little Mac to make a fun Good vs Evil idea that still works. It’s the iconic NES protagonist vs the iconic NES antagonist with similar gameplay styles, not to mention Jason kills teens and Mac is a teen, it still works.


Research was fairly simple as you’d expect, it was fun going through all of both’s contents and I ended up enjoying both franchises a lot more after the Blog. Little Mac won which I expected, even allowing the Friday The 13th ASYM game because NES Jason was a skin wasn’t enough to deal with Little Mac’s stats, even if they can be overestimated at times. NES Jason had a fun arsenal that could help, but the strength difference and the fact that Little Mac’s entire style of combat countered Jason’s perfectly was just too much for that to mean anything in the long run.


Reception wise there wasn’t much on it, it was probably the most looked over Blog. It still has more views then Red Ball vs IQ Ball funnily enough though. No matter what though I had fun doing this and it was a good break from watching Lion Guard and Jungle Cubs all day. Also Ippo has a solid shot against Little Mac but shhhhh…


SHERE KHAN VS SCAR

The final Blog for 2025, with this probably being one of the most important Blogs in the series, that statement would be strange without any context. To start out with, why did I do this? Like most people, I often made “dream DB seasons” or “if I made a vs show, this would be my lineup.” Because I was always indecisive, I basically made a new one every 2 weeks or months lol. However, this MU always kept popping in for whatever reason. Truthfully I couldn’t tell you why this was always here. Maybe it was because I grew up with both of these villains and was intimidated by them a little as a young kid? Maybe I just liked Disney vs Disney MU’s and this one was fairly simple? Maybe I always was surrounded with the playground argument of Lions vs Tigers and this was a way to show it off. Either way, I saw Disney Vs Blogs were getting popular and I decided that this would be a good way to get closure on the MU, finally settle Who Would Win now that I had my own series, even if it wasn’t animated.


Now research for this one was a little funky, Shere Khan wasn’t too hard as he didn’t have THAT much compared to other Disney characters. Scar however had a lot more content, so the Blog did take longer because of that. Thankfully because of the Lion King Wiki (seriously they’re the only reason I could find all the books and comics), I managed to research Scar completely, at least with the more closer to canon versions, perhaps the Timon & Pumbaa and Mirroverse versions had more abilities but they were too different and thus weren’t considered. The only truly difficult part was watching all of Jungle Cubs and Lion Guard. They aren’t bad shows, but they are targeting a far younger demographic and I did admittedly get annoyed at the usual episode troupes and catchphrases. At least Lion Guard did tackle some good themes, but Jungle Cubs not so much. After that I made my fight script which is still probably my favorite fight script I have made so far.


After putting all the effort in, I released the Blog and expected nothing much more than the usual. While I did hype up the idea a bunch, I didn’t expect this to do well, after all this is still a nicher MU than what your average Blog tackles, it didn’t even have too much content inside it. But seeing the overwhelming positive perception of the Blog SHOCKED me! Like holy cow! I got so many compliments, even from a bunch of Blog creators and other notable community members that I respected to the point that I was the “Shere Khan vs Scar” guy for a while. It blew me away! This level of attention and respect flabbergasted me. Seriously, thank you. This was definitely a great way to look back at an overall iffy year for me very positively. Shere Khan vs Scar is definitely the Blog that woke me up to what I needed to do and I think it established me in the Blogging world properly which I’ll always appreciate.


Overall

Link to all Blogs if you want to rank them.


And that’s 2025, a solid start to this Blog series that established the tone. Covering any matchup, niche to popular, original to one a friend might’ve made. 2026 definitely has more to talk about given how many more Blogs there are, but these 4 will hold a special place in my heart for starting it all. If you want to consider this Season 1 of WWW Blogs ig, go ahead.


There’s a lot I can say about how happy I am that people are enjoying these blogs and how many friends I’ve made with them, but you guys are probably getting bored of reading and don’t want to read a sap fest. For now I just want to say Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy what’s in store, and get ready for the big Ballot on September 9th. See you next time!


Comments